KoSA Academy, NEW DVD and Admin Assistant
Register now at KoSA Academy for classes beginning January 2008. Individual instruction and group courses include:
- Electric Band
- Brazilian Batucada Class
- Cuban Percussion Ensemble
- African Drumming Classes
- Small Percussion Course / Studio & Pop Percussion
- Classical Percussion
- Private & Group Instruction
KoSA Academy is conveniently located in Montreal at 5457 Rue St. Jacques Street West, just a short walk from the Vendome Metro in NDG. For any further questions, our phone number is 514-482-5554, OR visit our website at www.kosamusic.com
Nous sommes fiers de présenter la session d'hiver de l'Académie KoSA à Montréal, les nouveaux programmes n'ont pas terminé de grandir. La session d'hiver commence en janvier 2008. Parmi les cours particuliers et de groupe, notons:
- Tambours sur cadre
- Groupe électrique - Jam Band
- Cours de batucada brésilienne
- Ensemble de percussion cubain
- Cours de percussion africaine
- Cours de petits instruments de percussion/la percussion
en studio et dans la musique pop
- Percussion classique
- Enseignement particulier et de groupe
L''Académie KoSA est située au 5457 rue St. Jacques Ouest, à quelques pas du Métro Vendôme, dans le quartier NDG.
Si vous avez des question, notre numéro téléphone est 514-482-5554, OU visitez www.kosamusic.com
The New DVD from Hudson Limited features Instruction and Performances by Clayton Cameron, Kenwood Dennard, Jamey Haddad, Giovanni Hidalgo, Ed Soph, Bernard Purdie, Glen Velez and Other Top Drum and Percussion Artists.
"KoSA Eleven/Live", contains over three hours of instruction, interviews and live performance highlights from the eleventh edition of the world-renowned KoSA International Percussion Workshop and Festival. Produced by KoSA founder and artistic director, Aldo Mazza, in association with Hudson Music, this entertaining, informative and highly educational DVD offers viewers a participant's perspective on the unique KoSA experience and represents the highlights of the August 2006 event, which was held in the beautiful Green Mountains of Vermont.
The DVD presents exclusive performance and instructional footage of top drum and percussion artists from around the world, including:
Memo Acevedo - "Colombian Cumbia rhythm"
John Amira - "Haitian drumming"
Clayton Cameron - "Playing uptempo with brushes"
Kenwood Dennard - "The Woodstroke Technique"
Jamey Haddad - "Frame drum ideas and other sounds"
Bernard Purdie - "Groove Routines"
Antonio Sanchez - "Motivic Development"
Ed Soph - "Ride Cymbal Technique"
Glen Velez - "Basic Tar and Bodhran techniques"
Also featured are a fiery duet with legendary conga master, Giovanni Hidalgo and brush specialist Clayton Cameron and interviews with Jim Chapin, Dom Famularo and veteran club drummer and Modern Drummer magazine editor, Rick Van Horn , plus the KoSA Rhythm Section of Rafael Alcala (piano), Jennifer Vincent (bass) and Steve Blair (guitar).
View free video clips at www.hudsonmusic.com or, for additional information, please contact Hudson Music at tel: (888) 796-2992, fax: (914) 246-5282, e-mail: email@example.com, Internet: www.hudsonmusic.com.
Hudson Limited DVDs are distributed by the Hal Leonard Corp., 7777 W. Bluemound Rd., Milwaukee, WI 53213, tel: (414) 774-3630, fax: (414) 774-3259, Internet: www.halleonard.com.
Title: KOSA Eleven/Live 2006
Running Time: 3 hours, 6 minutes
Hudson SKU: #HDDVDKO21
Hal Leonard SKU: #HL00320686
UPC Code: 884088170363
ALSO AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON LINE FROM THE KoSA STORE AT WWW.KOSAMUSIC.COM!
WANTED: PRIMARY ASSISTANT FOR KOSA 13!
Position Announcement for Assistant to Project Coordinator
and Artistic Director, KoSA International Percussion Workshop & Festival, 2008
KoSA International Percussion Workshops and Festival is a non-profit organization which specializes in producing educational percussion events, musical events and running a world-music academy. We are presently seeking qualified candidates to apply as (a) project coordinator's assistant and (b) artistic director's assistant to assist KoSA in preparing the up-coming musical event in Vermont July 30 to August 3 2008. The position would commence immediately and run through the end of August 2008, with the possibility of extending further if mutually agreed upon.
Duties will include:
- General office management (maintenance of database, sending
and preparing invoices, preparing mailings etc.)
- Direct assistant to Project Coordinator and Artistic Director
- Assist in the pre-registration process of the up-coming workshops and events
- Coordination of publicity related to the workshops, festival, and music academy
- Coordination of all logistics related to the project (example: coordinate guest artist faculty's schedules,
coordinate transportation and lodging for artists, faculty, participants, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of data base management and related computer software (Word, Excel, etc...)
- Excellent telephone etiquette and people skills
- Supportive and reliable team player
- A leadership style which encourages participation and commitment to organizational objective
- Excellent knowledge of writing in English is essential, bilingualism an asset
- Must work well under deadline pressures
- Location: KoSA Communications, Int'l Main office: 5457 St. Jacques West, Montreal (Metro Vendome)
Qualified candidates, please apply to KoSA: 514-482-5554 or firstname.lastname@example.org