La Scena Musicale’s 20th season includes the return of La SCENA arts news magazine
Montreal, July 3, 2015 – La Scena Musicale/The Music Scene is pleased to announce its 2015-16 season, its 20th year of publishing: seven issues (five bilingual and two national editions) of La Scena Musicale and the annual La SCENA Arts Resource Guide.
The details are as follows:
- Editors: Section editor of La SCENA Arts Magazine will be Lucie Renaud, former assistant editor of La Scena Musicale. The co-editors-in-chief of La Scena Musicale remain Wah Keung Chan and Caroline Rodgers, and Marc Chenard continues as Jazz Editor.
- Featured articles: the magazine will include featured articles and interviews on English theatre, French theatre, dance, visual arts, film, music theatre and literature.
- Two covers: the combo edition will have two cover features, one in music and one featuring a non-musical subject.
- Fall Arts Preview/La rentrée culturelle: picks for the fall arts season.
- Arts Business: throughout 2015-16, La SCENA/La Scena Musicale will present a series of profiles on the winners of the 9th edition of the Prix Arts-Affaires de Montréal.
- Fall Arts Festivals Guide: list and highlights of 65+ Canadian arts festivals from September to mid-December.
- Series on the Art Song: La Scena Musicale is celebrating the Art Song in 2015-16, and will begin a new series of articles on this theme.
- Text: the issue will be a bilingual edition with the cover articles in both English and French, plus additional articles either in English or French. Paying subscribers will receive the translation supplement of their choice.
- Calendar: the issue will include La Scena Musicale’s musical regional calendar, plus the La SCENA Arts Calendar, both covering events from September 1 to October 7, 2015. Submit music listings to LSMcalendar@lascena.ca and arts listings to email@example.com
- Total pages: 64-80, the largest Fall Arts Preview Guide in Quebec.
- Paper: Glossy colour + black and white newsprint; newsprint replaced by whiter paper for subscribers
- Copies: 25,000
- Distribution: Montreal, Laval and South Shore
- Advertising rates: same rates as for the La Scena Musicale magazine
- Appearance: August 28, 2015
- Advertising Deadline: August 21, 2015
The seven La Scena Musicale issues in 2015-16 are:
- September (paired with La SCENA)
- November (National Edition, separate English and French editions)
- December/January (paired with La SCENA)
- April/May (paired with La SCENA)
- June/July/August (National Edition, separate English and French editions; paired with La SCENA)